Apple just updated all of its operating systems. It’s all about bug fixes that appeared after latest major releases. macOS Catalina update fixes bugs with disconnecting from Wi-Fi, bug preventing files syncing via iCloud Drive and issue with small white flashing line which appeared on 2020 iMacs equiped with the AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT GPU. Though it was not clear earlier if issue with mentioned GPU was related to hardware or software, now we know it was just a software issue. New iOS and iPadOS update fixes an issue with resetting compatible 3rd-party apps set as default for web browser and e-mail client to default values. New update for watchOS fixes an issue where some payment cards in Wallet were disabled for some users. tvOS is also just about bug fixes.
Full release notes for macOS Catalina:
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 provides important security updates and bug fixes for your Mac.
- Resolves an issue where macOS would not automatically connect to Wi-Fi networks
- Fixes an issue that could prevent files syncing through iCloud Drive
- Addresses a graphic issue that may occur on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) with Radeon Pro 5700 XT
Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices. For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Full release notes for iOS and iPadOS:
This update includes bug fixes for your iPhone.
- Fixes an issue that could cause default browser and mail settings to reset after restarting your iPhone
- Addresses an issue that could prevent camera previews from displaying on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Fixes an issue that could prevent your iPhone from connecting to Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that could prevent sending email with some mail providers
- Addresses an issue that could prevent images from appearing in the News widget
- For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
New version number(s):
- macOS – 10.15.7
- iOS – 14.0.1
- iPadOS – 14.0.1
- watchOS – 7.0.1
- tvOS – 14.0.1