Apple updated its operating systems for Macs (macOS), iPhones, iPads, iPods touch (iOS), Apple Watches (watchOS) and Apple TV 4th generation (tvOS). macOS Sierra can be upgraded via Mac App Store, iOS update is available via Settings app under Preferences app -> General -> Software Update or via iTunes app running on your Mac or PC. For upgrading Apple Watch, you need to have battery on at least 50% and connected to power source at the same time. And don’t forget to keep your Apple Watch near your iPhone while upgrading. As always, before any upgrading, backup all your data on external medium, like external HDD or USB stick.
As for macOS Sierra, this update solves these bugs and improves overall security and stability:
- Improves automatic graphics switching on MacBook Pro (15-inch, October 2016)
- Fixes an issue that prevented the searching of scanned PDF documents in Preview
- Resolves a compatibility issue with PDF documents that are exported with encryption enabled
- Fixes an issue that prevented some third-party applications from correctly importing images from digital cameras
- Enterprise content: Resolves an issue were network or cached user accounts (such as Active Directory accounts) using the maxFailedLoginAttempts password policy were becoming disabled
Resolves graphics issues while encoding Adobe Premiere Pro projects on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (13- and 15-inch, October 2016)
In cause of iOS, watchOS and tvOS, Apple did not expose any deeper details, just bug fixes and stability improvements.
New version number(s):
- macOS – 10.12.3
- iOS – 10.2.1
- watchOS – 3.1.3
- tvOS – 10.1.1