Apple released new version of macOS, operating system for Mac computers. Update improves stability, compatibility and performance of Mac computers. This update also fixes security issue, which causes to disable System Integrity Protection on some MacBooks Pro from October 2016, improved reliability of Auto Unlock for Apple Watch users, added support to take screenshot of Touch Bar. Interesting is, that Apple in this update removed “Time Remaining” indicator. Some users of Touch Bar-enabled Macs are complaining about battery life, which is significantly shorter.
Apple said this for The Loop about removing of “Time Remaining” indicator:
Percentage is accurate, but because of the dynamic ways we use the computer, the time remaining indicator couldn’t accurately keep up with what users were doing. Everything we do on the MacBook affects battery life in different ways and not having an accurate indicator is confusing.
Besides the apps we are working on all the time, there are a lot of things that are happening in the background that users may not be aware of that affects battery life.
Full system changes, as Apple reports, is here:
- Improves setup and reliability of Auto Unlock
- Allows addition of a Chinese Trackpad Handwriting button to the Touch Bar Control Strip
- Adds support for taking screenshots of the Touch Bar using the Grab app or Cmd-Shift-6 shortcut
- Fixes an issue that caused the Touch Bar emoji picker to appear on the display
- Resolves graphics issues on MacBook Pro (October 2016) computers
- Fixes an issue where System Integrity Protection was disabled on some MacBook Pro (October 2016) computers
- Improves setup and opt-out experience for iCloud Desktop and Documents
- Fixes an issue with the delivery of Optimized Storage alerts
- Improves audio quality when using Siri and FaceTime with Bluetooth headphones
- Improves the stability of Photos when creating and ordering books
- Fixes an issue where incoming Mail messages did not appear when using a Microsoft Exchange account
- Fixes an issue that prevented installation of Safari Extensions downloaded outside the Safari Extensions Gallery
- Adds support for new installations of Windows 8 and Windows 7 using Boot Camp on supported Macs
Update is available from Mac App Store. Backup all your data before upgrading!
New version number(s):
- macOS – 10.12.2